This page provides information about our work in Northern Ireland.
Voice Box Northern Ireland
Voice Box is Northern Ireland’s national joke competition designed to raise awareness among children of the fun and importance of communication.
RCSLT NI has teamed up with the Northern Ireland Assembly for the fourth year to bring the Voice Box Awards to Stormont, where the live grand final will be hosted by the Speaker of the Northern Ireland Assembly on 7 March 2016. Download the Voice Box toolkit and find more details on the Giving Voice website.
For further information or to request a toolkit, please contact Janet McGookin
- RCSLT MLA briefing (March 2013)
- Co-operating to Safeguard Children and Young People in Northern Ireland consultation questionnaire (Aug 2015)
- Submission from the RCSLT to the Ad Hoc Joint Committee on the Mental Capacity Bill (June 2015)
- 'Supporting the best start in life' Infant Mental Health Framework and Action Plan 2015-2018 Consultation questionnaire (May 2015)
- Response to NI Draft Mental Capacity Bill (August 2014)
- RCSLT NI submission to The Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE) in Northern Ireland
- Response to Northern Ireland Assembly Committee for Employment and Learning inquiry into post special educational need provision in education, employment and training for those with learning disabilities (March 2014)
- Response to consultation on ‘Who Cares? The Future of Adult Care and Support in Northern Ireland’ (March 2013)
- Response to consultation on draft Autism Strategy and Action Plan (March 2013)
- Response to consultation on Western Education and Library Board development proposals (March 2013)
- Submission to the Northern Ireland Assembly Committee for Justice inquiry into criminal justice services available to victims and witnesses of crime (November 2011)
- Response to consultation on draft Disability Action Plan (October 2011)
- Response to consultation on ‘Strategy for the Allied Health Professions (AHP) in Northern Ireland’ (September 2011)
Campaigns and projects
- Giving Voice
The Giving Voice campaign aims to ‘give voice’ to people with speech, language and communication needs – to ensure their needs, and those of their carers and families, are met. We equip our members to demonstrate locally how speech and language therapy makes a difference to individuals and society, whilst RCSLT officers work to engage decision makers and the media at a national level.
- Youth offenders and criminal justice
- Improvements in stroke care
Telephone: 02890 446385
Postal address: Arthur House, 41 Arthur Street, Belfast BT1 4GB.