Policy and campaigns
- Briefings for the House of Lords committee stage of the Children and Families Bill (October 2013)
- Legal advice from David Wolfe QC on the Children and Families Bill (September 2013)
- Briefing material on the English health reforms (August 2012)
- Presentation on the new commissioning environment (March 2012)
- Early years policy developments (November 2011)
- Earlier briefings
- Evidence to the House of Commons Education Commitee on SEN reform (October 2012)
- Response to Children and Young People’s Health Outcomes Forum (May 2012)
- Response to Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) consultation (September 2011)
- Response to consultation on the language accessibility of assessment papers (September 2011)
- SEN reform (November 2012)
- Giving Voice
The Giving Voice campaign aims to ‘give voice’ to people with speech, language and communication needs – to ensure their needs, and those of their carers and families, are met. We equip our members to demonstrate locally how speech and language therapy makes a difference to individuals and society, whilst RCSLT officers work to engage decision makers and the media at a national level.
- Dementia campaign
- Youth offenders and criminal justice
- Improvements in stroke care
- Earlier campaigns
All Party Parliamentary Group
- Report from an inquiry into the links between speech, language and communication needs and social disadvantage (February 2013)
- Inquiry into the links between SLCN and social disadvantage - call for evidence (May 2012)
- About the All Party Parliamentary Group on Speech and Language Difficulties
For further information about our work in the UK parliament email Claire Moser, RCSLT Policy Officer or telephone 020 7378 3023.
For further information about the All Party Parliamentary Group inquiry report or the Children and Families Bill please email Mark Hope, Policy Officer or telephone 0207 378 3631.