RCSLT professional standards
The RCSLT has developed Communicating Quality 3, the third edition of its range of professional standards for SLTs. CQ3 provides information that will contribute to decision-making and the delivery of high quality services.
These standards cover:
- Commissioners' decisions on services
- Help to shape clients' expectations
- Support for members of the profession in appropriate models of care
- Ethical and legal issues
- Clinical decision-making
Communicating Quality 3
To become certified RCSLT members, SLTs declare their adherence to the RCSLT publication Communicating Quality 3: RCSLT's guidance on best practice in service organisation and provision.
The text sets out to:
- inform members of the profession and their colleagues of current guidance and standards related to the organisation, provision and development of speech and language therapy services; as well as the staff systems that underpin such provision
- inform the process of commissioning and purchasing of speech and language therapy services
- inform users and their representatives of the standards they can expect speech and language therapy services to meet.
All new certified RCSLT members will receive a copy of Communicating Quality 3.
Copies can be purchased for £39.99 (inc VAT) plus P&P by contacting the RCSLT.
CQ3 can also be downloaded for free by RCSLT members.