RCSLT webinar: Dysphagia Competencies Training
This event took place on 20 October 2020, 8.15pm – 9.15pm.
Watch the recording
About the webinar
This webinar was chaired by Judith Broll, director of professional development, RCSLT and featured presentations by:
- Beverley Harden, allied health professions lead, Health Education England; deputy chief allied health professions officer, England; visiting professor, University of Winchester.
- Professor Elizabeth Ward, professor in speech pathology and conjoint professor, School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, University of Queensland.
- Áine Kearns, lecturer and regional facilitator, speech and therapy, University of Limerick.
- Get an overview of the project and what it means for you.
- Learn how this new HEE-funded, UK-wide project, led by the RCSLT, will benefit UK-based speech and language therapy dysphagia services.
- Hear from international SLT colleagues, who have already embedded entry-level dysphagia competencies in pre-registration education and training in Australia and Ireland.