Practice placements and the RCSLT pre-registration eating, drinking and swallowing competencies webinar
23 April, 12.30pm – 1.30pm
We are holding this event on more than one occasion to ensure that a wide audience can participate and fit it in to your busy working days. Go to the book your place section for more details on other dates and times
The RCSLT competencies in eating, drinking, and swallowing (EDS) for the pre-registration education and training of speech and language therapists was launched in February 2021 and included in the RCSLT Curriculum Guidance (2021).
We know that this is a change in how EDS training at pre-registration level will be delivered. First year learners will start using these competencies from September 2021 and it is important that you understand and feel comfortable supporting learners to complete the framework.
We have built in more Q&A time than our usual webinars to ensure that we can listen and respond to your feedback.
The primary audience for this webinar is practice educators and potential practice educators.
By attending this event, delegates will:
- Hear from HEE about the rationale for why the changes to the delivery of EDS competencies training are necessary
- Hear about the competency framework from one of the authors
- Understand more about what will be expected from practice educators when they take on a learner
- Learn more about how practice placements can include EDS exposure
- Have an opportunity to feed into the next steps with regard to the implementation of the EDS competencies.
We are holding this webinar three times to ensure there is a day and time that suits the majority of interested members.
You only need to attend one event. The webinars will be recorded and shared on the RCSLT website.