RCSLT and BSA, MPC and ASC webinar: Giving Voice to stammering
This free webinar was chaired by Derek Munn, Director of Policy and Public Affairs, RCSLT, and featured presentations by:
- Steven Gauge, CEO, Action for Stammering Children
- Elaine Kelman, head of the Michael Palin Centre for Stammering, Whittington Health NHS Trust
- Rachel Everard, service director, British Stammering Association
- Abed Ahmed, secondary school maths teacher, Washwood Heath Academy, Stetchford; and Trustee for the British Stammering Association
Watch the webinar recording:
Aims and objectives
By watching this webinar, delegates will:
- Hear about how speech and language therapists work with and can support people who stammer.
- Learn about what the British Stammering Association and Action for Stammering Children are doing to bring about change for the better.
- Hear first-hand the experience of living with a stammer.
- Learn some basic dos and don’ts for speaking to or working with people with stammer.
The webinar will be of interest to you if you:
- Have a stammer or know someone who does.
- Are a speech and language therapist, or other health and care professional, who works with people who stammer.
- Would like information on the work of organisations who support people with a stammer.