Participants had the opportunity to submit questions on this topic to our speakers before and during the webinar.
Watch the webinar recording
In 2016, the RCSLT embarked on an extensive review of the guidance provided to the almost two thirds of our members who work with children and young people. This was rooted in a clear mandate for change: in a complex landscape of competing pressures, there are both risks and opportunities for improving the outcomes for children and young people with SLCN and swallowing needs.
Kamini Gadhok MBE, CEO at the RCSLT chaired this webinar, and was joined by presenters:
- Mrunal Sisodia, Chair, National Network of Parent Carer Forums
- Glenn Carter, Head of Speech and Language Therapy, NHS Forth Valley
After this webinar, participants will:
- Have an awareness of how to use parent/carer networks to help support engagement.
- Understand the importance of co-production with parents/carers in developing individual care plans for the child/young person.
- Have an improved understanding of strategies that services can use to ensure parent/carer involvement in the care of children and young people.
- Be aware of an example of a service that has changed to put the needs of all families at the centre of decision making related to service design and input for individuals.
- Have an opportunity to consider thinking differently about meeting the needs of families in poverty and those who have experienced adverse childhood experience.