RCSLT and HEE speech and language therapy apprenticeship workshop
Thursday 29 April 2021, 9.30am – 1pm
This workshop will be useful if you’d like to:
- hear the latest information on SLT apprenticeships in England.
- understand the steps required and support available to develop an SLT apprenticeship in your organisation.
- discuss how the apprenticeship can be supported in your region.
Who is the workshop for?
- Employers of SLTs, Allied Health Professional (AHP) managers, AHP Councils and Integrated Care Systems in England who would like to employ SLT apprentices in the future or see how SLT apprentices can support their growing healthcare teams.
- Universities who provide SLT courses or who aspire to provide the apprenticeship in future.
What are the objectives?
- To provide an up-to-date overview of progress on the speech and language therapy apprenticeship
- To provide an overview of Health Education England (HEE) work to support apprenticeships
- To hear from other AHPs about their experience of setting up apprenticeships
- To provide an opportunity to discuss the practical delivery of the speech and language therapy apprenticeship.
By attending this event delegates will be able to:
- Hear the latest information about the SLT apprenticeship
- Hear about support and resources available in developing an apprenticeship
- Understand the steps required to develop an SLT apprenticeship in their organisation;
- Hear case studies on how other professions have developed the apprenticeship
- Find out more about SLT apprenticeship programmes already underway
- Contribute their, or their organisation’s, experience, activity or plans in relation to the SLT apprenticeship;
- Be able to make links with other employers to help jointly resolve challenges
The programme will be released in due course.
In registering your interest for this event, it does not guarantee you a place, as we would like to ensure that there is a good geographic spread amongst attendees, and we want to ensure we have representations from across employment sectors. You will be emailed in early April confirming whether or not you have a place at this event, and you will be sent a private link which will allow you to register to the virtual event.