RCSLT and IDDSI webinar: Making IDDSI work for you – 13 February 2019
15.30 – 16.30
The aim of this webinar is to share learning and resources developed to date on the implementation of the IDDSI Framework.
The webinar was chaired by Kamini Gadhok MBE, CEO of the RCSLT, and featured presentations by:
- Dr Ben Hanson, IDDSI UK representative
- Dr Hannah Crawford, Patient Safety Expert Advisor, NHSI
- Anita Smith, Consultant/Professional Lead SLT, East Sussex Dysphagia Lead, East Sussex NHS Foundation Trust
- Louise Borjes, Project Co-ordinator, RCSLT
The IDDSI Framework provides a standardised way of naming and describing texture modified foods and thickened liquids for people with dysphagia across the lifespan. The aim of the framework is to enable SLTs to use clinical decision-making to assess risk and decide the level of IDDSI descriptor appropriate, based on the nature of the person’s dysphagia and level of risk.
This webinar may be of interest to you if:
- You work with people with dysphagia
- You would like to hear more about how others have implemented IDDSI
- You work with MDTs or managers who work with people with dysphagia
- You are interested in hearing more about resources available to support you in implementing IDDSI
For more information on the IDDSI framework, please visit: