Leadership at all levels
This webinar was held on 22 July 2021, 1pm-2pm.
The webinar was chaired by Mary Heritage, chair, RCSLT and featured presentations by:
- Irma Donaldson, specialist services manager, CAMHS & ASD pathway lead, Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust.
- Vanessa Hayward, head of speech and language therapy, Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board.
- Carrie Biddle, regional head of allied health professions, Health Education England.
- Victoria Harris, head of learning, RCSLT.
Watch the recording:
Download the presentation slides (PDF)
Aims and objectives
By attending this webinar, delegates will:
- Hear more about, and have time to reflect on, how one can be a leader at any stage in your career.
- Reflect on how leadership is different to management and how it is not linked to your banding or title.
- Have an opportunity to consider the skills you already have, in your work and in your home life, and how they could translate into leadership and influencing skills.
- Learn more about barriers to leadership: how you can overcome these as an individual and how you can consider these within your team and service.
- Consider the importance of compassion and awareness of bias in leadership.
- Learn about the leadership guidance and learning opportunities available to you.