The RCSLT Research Champions Workshop will take place this year on Wednesday 6 July 2022, 10am–2pm.
The workshop will be virtual, with lots of opportunities to learn more about developing your research interests, career, and culture in your team, with plenty of ways to network and chat with other research champions. This event is exclusive to research champions! Download the event programme (PDF).
You must be a member of the RCSLT and registered as a research champion to attend, and this will be verified upon registration for the event.
When registering please may we kindly ask you to use the CAHPR Research Practitioner Framework (PDF) to identify which research ‘competency level’ most strongly resonates with you. This ranges from Awareness through to Advanced.
For further information about the Framework itself and descriptions of the levels please refer to the Shaping Better Practice Through Research: A Practitioner Framework (PDF).
Your contact details are being collected solely for the purpose of this event and will not be used or shared for marketing purposes.
If you have any question in relation to GDPR please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aims and objectives
By attending this event, research champions at all levels in their research journey will have the opportunity to:
- Better understand the role of a research champion and how to access support via the research champions’ network
- Network with other research champions, to exchange advice and career stories, and hear about the latest developments in clinical research driven by research champions from across the UK
- Learn more about the RCSLT strategic and operational plans as well as the new AHP research and innovation strategy on behalf of Health Education England (HEE) and what this means for devolved nations
- Learn effective approaches to highlighting the value of research in clinical practice to managers and wider teams
- Hear practical examples of how research champions have developed research culture in their local area as well as share learning on how to support a research culture in teams, services and the profession with other research champions across the UK in both NHS and independent sectors
- Reflect upon personal research development plans
Katie Chadd, RCSLT research manager, presents the SLT research practitioner framework resource map – a resource collaboratively developed by the RCSLT and members and launched last year.
This is also your opportunity to learn more about the CAHPR research practitioner framework, on which this resource is based. Learn how to navigate your research career – who to contact, what to do, and when.
Katie Chadd, RCSLT research manager, introduces the Research and Outcomes Team at RCSLT, giving an overview of what the team has been up to over the last couple of years and a host of opportunities for Research Champions to shape future work and develop skills for your ‘research CV’.