Student placements: supporting the future speech and language therapy workforce
26 March 2021, 1-2pm
This webinar was chaired by Judith Broll, Director of Professional Development, RCSLT, and featured presentations by:
- Jo Sandiford, senior lecturer, SLT, Leeds Beckett University
- Jan Baerselman, director and specialist SLT, Talking Outcomes
- Nimra Khan, NQP and speech language assistant, HearSay
This webinar was aimed at clinicians who are thinking about taking on a student but perhaps never have before, and at managers who are looking to embed practice placements in their services.
By watching this webinar, delegates will:
- Find out more about the context of practice placements in the current climate
- Hear about the updated practice education guidance
- Have a better understanding of the benefits of providing practice placements for students, clinicians, services and service users.
- Hear a case study of how members can embed practice placements in their service design, and the benefits and challenges for students and services
Watch the recording here
Q&A to follow