Policy and campaigns
- Briefing for the children’s early years development and school readiness debate (July 2016)
- Further debate on the Children and Social Work Bill (July 2016)
- Debate on the Children and Social Work Bill (July 2016)
- Briefing for the dementia care services debate (September 2015)
- Briefing on the Queen's Speech 2015 (May 2015)
- Earlier briefings
- Response to NI Draft Mental Capacity Bill (August 2014)
NHS England’s Five Year Forward View
- Five Year Forward View - Future models of care
- Five Year Forward View - Acute care models
- RCSLT position statement on 7 day services
Key policy issues
Campaigns and projects
- Giving Voice
The Giving Voice campaign aims to ‘give voice’ to people with speech, language and communication needs – to ensure their needs, and those of their carers and families, are met. We equip our members to demonstrate locally how speech and language therapy makes a difference to individuals and society, whilst RCSLT officers work to engage decision makers and the media at a national level.
- Dementia campaign
- Youth offenders and criminal justice
This campaign draws attention to the fact that over 60% of people in the justice system have speech, language and communication problems. Improving the communication skills of offenders by providing speech and language therapy significantly reduces the risk of re-offending and increases access to to rehabilitation and treatment programmes.
- Improvements in stroke care
- Earlier campaigns
All Party Parliamentary Group
For further information about our work in the UK parliament email Claire Moser, RCSLT Policy Officer or telephone 020 7378 3023.