RCSLT are seeking members to form a working group for COVID-19 and long COVID.
This group will help review, create new and update existing RCSLT information and resources about COVID-19/long COVID and the important role of speech and language therapy.
Project aim and objectives
The aim of this group is to review, create new and update existing RCSLT information and resources about COVID-19/long COVID and the role of speech and language therapy. The collation of long COVID data will also be included at appropriate opportunities throughout.
The group objectives and outputs will be ever changing as we progress through the journey of COVID-19 and long COVID, an initial discussion will be held at the first meeting of the working group, however; will likely include:
a) The development of information and resources for speech and language therapists, which will:
- Be relevant for all RCSLT members working with COVID-19 or long COVID patients, taking account of:
- Geographical areas across the UK
- Employment contexts
- Different settings and sectors
- Client groups – adults and children
- Provide best practice guidance for SLTs
- Support members to understand relevant national guidelines, policy and legislation
- Collate and signpost to relevant learning resources and frameworks
- Summarise relevant evidence and research
- Support members in raising awareness of the role of speech and language therapy
- Support members to influence local decision makers and budget holders
- Be a peer support group to those who need it with COVID-19 and long COVID work
- Assist in the collection and collation of long COVID data
- Using different types of data collection tools
b) The development of information and resources for other audiences found on a separate webpage accessible to non-members:
- Audiences may include:
- People living with long COVID, their families and carers
- Local decision makers, budget holders, commissioners
- Professionals working with speech and language therapists
- General public
- Types of information may include:
- FAQs for the general public, people living with long COVID and their family and carers
- Position paper/statement
- Signposting to useful websites and resources
Timeframe and commitment
Timeframes will be confirmed during the planning stage, but this is an ongoing working group and will be looking at timeframe and commitments at each project opportunity.
The RCSLT is committed to promoting a diverse workforce and to active policies which eliminate unfair discrimination. The RCSLT does not discriminate on any grounds other than the ability to carry out the job.
Applications will be considered to ensure that the project team has the necessary expertise and represents a range of backgrounds and experiences – it may not be possible for all applicants to be appointed. RCSLT decisions are final.
If you have any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.