In 2020, the RCSLT pledged to hold a profession-wide online event, led by Black, Asian and ethnic minority SLTs, with the aim of supporting cultural change within the profession. This important programme of learning, cultivated with RCSLT members, will aim to:
- Build shared knowledge of the importance of anti-racism, diversity and inclusion within the profession.
- Build shared knowledge of the importance of anti-racism, diversity and inclusion for our service users.
- Understand where we are as a profession and where we want to be.
- Reflect on how we can use ‘cultural inquisitiveness’ to create a more inclusive workforce and deliver better services.
- Agree on where to start, and how to support one another along the way.
- Look at how we can bring the whole profession along with us, building commitment and winning hearts and minds.