Diversity, inclusion and anti-racism are embedded in all RCSLT guidance, to support good practice in the profession and improve outcomes for service users.
RCSLT guidance and supporting resources can be found in the following parts of the RCSLT website:
The purpose of this page is to highlight any guidance from the above sections which may be particularly helpful when working with diverse or underrepresented populations.
The RCSLT’s guidance on bilingualism supports SLTs to improve their cultural competence and provide equitable services to all.
- Ask the experts: How does multilingualism affect the communication of children with neurodevelopmental disorders? (PDF) – from Bulletin, March 2018
- Being bilingual (PDF) – from Bulletin, September 2019
- Bilingualism guidance (requires an RCSLT login)
- Bilingualism assessment (requires an RCSLT login)
- Working with bilingual children (requires an RCSLT login)
- RCSLT Bilingualism CEN – Website of the Bilingualism London Clinical Excellence Network, designed to share knowledge, advice and resources.