RCSLT Conference 2017
Speech and language therapy: MAXIMISING IMPACT
Your profession, your CPD
27 – 28 September 2017
Scottish Event Campus (SEC), Glasgow
Call for papers: deadline Friday 7 April 2017
The RCSLT is inviting submissions for the 2017 Conference - Speech and language therapy: MAXIMISING IMPACT. Share your research results or showcase service delivery innovations at the largest gathering of RCSLT members in the UK. This two-day event will feature oral and poster presentations with workshops, parallel and plenary sessions and keynote speakers. The review panel will be looking for submissions that are relevant to the conference aims and objectives.
SUBMITTING AN ABSTRACT
The following documents will help support you with your submission:
- The quick-look FAQ guide gives an overview of the benefits of submitting an abstract and the submission process
- The abstract submission guidelines provide the detailed information you need before making a submission. Please refer to the “submissions and guidelines for authors” section below.
CONFERENCE AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
We invite submissions that will help delegates to:
- Use the latest evidence base to inform and enhance their clinical practice to improve outcomes for service users
- Disseminate evaluations of interventions and service delivery
- Share emerging innovations and approaches to service interventions
- Work with decision makers and budget holders to understand how speech and language therapy supports delivery of key priorities at national, service, population and individual levels
- Develop the business case for new workforce models and service redesign
We are seeking submissions within the following three categories:
- Research (Speech and language therapy research contributing new knowledge)
- Audit/service evaluation
- Brag and steal (Showcasing how research evidence is being applied to practice)
For the first time our ‘Brag and Steal’ category is dedicated to showcasing how research evidence is being applied in practice and clinical innovations that have been evaluated and have the potential to change or inform practice.
SUBMISSIONS AND GUIDELINES FOR AUTHORS
The organising committee is inviting submissions for oral presentations, workshops and/or posters that address any of the above categories within all areas of speech and language therapy. We welcome submissions for poster presentations if your research results are pending.
Please ensure you have read the in full before making your submission.
This year we are using a new online system for abstracts.
To submit an abstract, visit https://rcslt2017.exordo.com
- To create an account please enter your email address; Ex Ordo will prompt you to create login details, which will allow you to create, save and edit your submission(s) until 7 April 2017
- Please note that due to known security flaws, Ex Ordo do not support Internet Explorer 9 or 10. This means if you use either of these browsers, you won't be able to access Ex Ordo. Please upgrade your browser, or use an alternative browser e.g. Chrome, Safari, Firefox etc.
Submissions will be peered reviewed overseen by members of the organising committee to ensure consistency and objectivity.
The deadline for submissions is 7 April 2017. We hope to notify authors regarding the outcome of their submission in mid-May 2017.
***REGISTRATIONS OPENING SOON***
We are delighted to confirm that the early bird rate for RCSLT members has been frozen at 2014 Conference prices:
- Early bird one-day RCSLT member rate: £150 inc VAT
- Early bird two-day RCSLT member rate: £230 inc VAT
Bookings will open in mid-February.