Giving Voice – local heroes make national champions: engaging with MPs
10 July 2015
1.00pm - 1:45pm
Join chair Derek Munn, RCSLT’s Director of Policy and Public Affairs with speakers:
- Peter Just, Public Affairs Adviser, RCSLT
- Julie Anne Carr, Speech and Language Therapist, Leeds Community Healthcare
- Janet Cooper, Stoke Speaks Out Programme Manager, Stoke-on-Trent City Council
- Rachel Clare, UCL Giving Voice Society
looking at what the RCSLT is doing to influence parliamentarians at Westminster and what members have done and can do to influence their local MPs.
After this webinar participants will:
- Be familiar with what the RCSLT has done and is doing to influence parliamentarians at the UK level
- Have gained an understanding of why influencing, both nationally and locally, is important
- Have developed an understanding of, and enthusiasm for, political influencing
- Be familiar with best practice examples of local political influencing
- Be familiar with how the RCSLT can support you to influence your MPs
Participants have the opportunity to submit questions on this topic to our speakers before and during the webinar.
Register for your place and submit a question
Please note places are limited. Unfortunately webinar content currently can't be viewed on mobile devices.
Please refer to the RCSLT’s webinar guide for delegates for more information on participating in a webinar, and technical requirements.