What are our election asks?
The RCSLT has three main asks that we want the next Scottish Government and Parliament to commit to, in order to improve the lives of our service users:
- Make communication with public services as accessible as possible for everyone by passing and funding an ‘Inclusive Communication Nation’ law and action plan.
- Establish a ‘Right to rehabilitation so that everyone with a long-term condition gets the highest quality rehabilitation, when and where it works best for them.
- Implement a ‘Great communication with and for every child’ strategy to ensure every child and young person develops the best speech, language and communication skills they can for a happy and successful life.
What can I do?
Use the Organic Campaigns tool to directly contact your local candidates – all you need to do is enter your postcode.
Tweet at your local candidates and the major parties letting them know how important speech, language, communication and swallowing services are to the community.
If you like, you can download and use one of our Twitter graphics:
- An overview of our asks (JPG)
- Inclusive communication (JPG)
- Right to Rehabilitation (JPG)
- Great communication with and for every child (JPG)
Download the flyers outlining our asks and share them with your networks:
- An overview of our asks (PDF)
- Inclusive communication (PDF) – see also, The Financial Case for Inclusive Communications, Fraser of Allender Institute, March 2021 (PDF)
- Right to Rehabilitation (PDF) – see also, The Right to Rehabilitation Coalition Scotland Policy Paper (PDF)
- Great communication with and for every child (PDF)