COVID-19 Dysphagia, voice and communication rehabilitation: clinical update
This webinar was recorded on Tuesday 26 January, 3pm – 4pm, and presents the evidence and research available at 25 January 2021.
- Download the presentation slides (PDF)
- Download the resources (PDF)
- Download the Q&A document (PDF)
- For more and current research on COVID-19, visit the COVID-19 research pages
Join our panel of expert presenters to hear what we’ve learned about COVID-19 since the first wave, for advice and signposting to resources, and to hear first-hand from a patient on the road to recovery.
This webinar was chaired by Kamini Gadhok MBE, CEO, RCSLT, and featured presentations by:
- Sarah Wallace OBE, Consultant SLT, Wythenshawe Hospital, Manchester University NHS FT.
- Gemma Clunie, Clinical Specialist SLT, Airways/ENT, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust.
- Dr Hannah Crawford, Professional Head of Speech and Language Therapy, Tees, Esk and Wear Valleys NHS FT.
- Dr Camilla Dawson, Clinical Lead SLT, University Hospitals Birmingham NHS FT.
- Dr Anushua Gupta, GP and service user.
Aims and objectives
By watching this webinar, delegates will:
- Hear from a patient on the experience of rehab and the road to recovery
- Hear about what we’ve learned as a profession since the first wave
- Hear an appraisal of COVID-19 literature to date
- Hear about how others have implemented the most recent evidence
- Find out more about tools available and the work we’ve done to support these tools
- Hear about key priorities for assessment and rehab
- Gain some understanding of how COVID-19 has impacted on people with learning disabilities and mental health