Policy and influencing
The RCSLT works to protect the interests of those with speech, language and communication needs and those with eating, drinking and swallowing needs. We promote the work and role which the speech and language therapy profession plays in our society to governments and parliaments across the UK. We work with decision-makers and our members to help improve policy across the UK, England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland, and internationally.
We do this by offering:
- Insight into key issues affecting people with communication and swallowing needs.
- Intelligence regarding national policy developments relating to speech and language therapy.
- Voice: we promote the voice of speech and language therapists at a national and local level.
- Campaigning resources: we produce resources that promote the value of speech and language therapy.
- Capacity building: we support our members to influence locally.