On this page, you will find links to resources and websites on living with the aftereffects of COVID-19 / long COVID.
Please note: the resources are provided for information only. No endorsement is expressed or implied, unless otherwise stated. The RCSLT make efforts to ensure the information is up to date, however the RCSLT has no responsibility for pages maintained by external agencies.
Back to long COVID
The RCSLT has created guidance and resources to help both clinicians and their patients to treat long COVID.
- COVID-19 hub: Visit our hub to see follow the latest guidance and updates on COVID-19.
- Identifying speech and language therapy needs post COVID-19 (2023): This guide has been created for clinical staff to work with their patients to identify any communications or swallowing needs they may have following a COVID-19 infection.
- Long COVID patient handbook
See also our clinical guidance on long COVID and our information for patients with long COVID.
The following factsheets focus on different long COVID symptoms and include information and advice on self management.
- Long COVID: Brain fog and communication (PDF)
- Long COVID: Reflux (PDF)
- Long COVID: Stammering (PDF)
- Long COVID: Swallowing (PDF)
- Long COVID: Throat changes after COVID-19 (PDF)
- Long COVID: Voice (PDF)
See the long COVID patient handbook for further information for people with long COVID.
- World Health Organisation:
- NHS UK – Your COVID recovery
- Welsh Government – Getting support for recovery from COVID-19 (long COVID)
- Health, Education and Improvement Wales (HEIW) – Long COVID syndrome resources
- Welsh NHS Confederation – How the NHS in Wales is supporting people with long COVID
- NHS Scotland learning platform – this platform is for NHS staff to understand more about supporting individuals living with long COVID
- HSC Public Health Agency Northern Ireland
- NHS England Long COVID elearning – a free, three session online learning programme for healthcare workers to learn more about supporting individuals living with Long COVID
- National Institute of Health Research (NIHR) – Consensus on measuring health outcomes in Long COVID (suitable for clinicians)
- Royal College of Nursing – Information for RCN nurses on returning to work post COVID-19
- Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists (RCSLT) – SLT intensive care rehabilitation pathway
- Queen’s Nursing Institute – Resource for nurses supporting those with long Covid in the community
- Society of Occupational Medicine – Long COVID and Return to Work – What Works?
- COVID Aid
- Long Covid Support
- Long Covid SOS
- Long COVID Scotland
- Chest Heart and Stroke Scotland – information for people living with long COVID in Scotland
- Long Covid Wales X (formerly Twitter)
- Long Covid Kids Scotland X (formerly Twitter)
- Long Covid Kids
- Long Covid Ireland
- Survivor Corps
- Covid Long-Haulers Canada
- Body Politic COVID-19 Support Group
- Long Covid work
- COVID-19 Recovery Collective
- Long Covid Teachers and Support Staff UK Facebook Group
- Long Covid Nurses and Midwives UK
- Long Covid Physio
- Occupational Therapists with Long Covid Facebook Group
- Long Covid Europe
- Heart and Stroke Association Canada – information on the effects of COVID-19 on the vascular system
Smell retraining and support:
- AbScent smell retraining
- Fifth Sense
- Free breathing apps
- The Breathing App
- Insight Timer
Support for breathlessness
UK based physiotherapy for breathing pattern dysfunction: