At the start of November, we announced that all speech and language therapy students would be eligible for free membership of the RCSLT.
Since the launch of the offer, more than 800 students have taken up the offer, taking us to around 1,500 student members overall. This means we now have almost 19,000 members – a significant achievement to end the year on.
At a time when so many students have seen their studies and placements disrupted by the pandemic, the free membership scheme aims to increase students’ access to support and guidance.
Back in March, at the start of the pandemic, we opened up our online offerings to allow students free access – if you’re a student who signed up for this and have not yet signed up to the full free membership, please get in touch with our membership team to ensure your free access doesn’t expire at the end of December.
Benefits of the free student membership include:
- Access to all RCSLT guidance, which can support you in your studies
- The RCSLT CPD diary, to record your learning
- More than 100 professional networks – joining these is a great way to build your CV
- Online access to the RCSLT magazine Bulletin, and a subscription to the email newsletter
- Access to the new student network in the RCSLT online professional networks area, where you can ask questions, share resources and connect with other students across the UK
- Help and support when you need it through our dedicated enquiries service
Find out more about becoming a member in our membership overview section.