19 October 2021
Student SLTs – Are you keen to promote speech and language therapy as a career? Do you want the chance to win a voucher prize, or funds for your SLT department? Enter our TikTok competition!
Create a video that promotes speech and language therapy for students currently studying for their GCSEs and A-Levels, then post it on TikTok and send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11.59pm on Friday 19 November. You can submit as an individual, or on behalf of your SLT society. Just make sure you include a link to the Become an SLT webpage, rcslt.org/BecomeAnSLT, either in the comments of your video or referenced as a link in your TikTok bio.
On Friday 3 December we’ll take a look at all the videos and judge by the number of likes. The three individual videos with the most likes will receive voucher prizes, and the SLT society video with the most likes will receive money for the SLT department to spend on resources which directly benefit students. Read the terms and conditions for more information.
Student TikTok Competition: Terms and Conditions
1. To be eligible, videos should aim to promote speech and language therapy as a career and must include a link to the RCSLT Become an SLT webpage. This link can appear in the description or pinned comment of the video, or it can be in the account bio and referenced in the video.
2. Videos must be posted on TikTok and a link must be emailed to email@example.com by 11.59pm on Friday 19 November 2021.
3. By posting the video and sending the link for submission to the competition, you consent to the RCSLT reposting on our official accounts and communications channels (including @rcslt on Instagram, @RCSLT and @GivingVoiceUK on Twitter, and RCSLT on YouTube). If anyone other than the personal account holder appears in the video, they must fill in this consent form. The account holder and all people who appear in the video must be aged 18 or over, and the account holder must be a student speech and language therapist or a university SLT/Giving Voice society.
4. Videos may be submitted by an individual or on behalf of an SLT society.
5. Contributions must be your own original work. You must not violate, plagiarise, or infringe any copyright, trade mark, trade secrets, privacy and publicity, personal or proprietary rights.
6. Judging will occur on Friday 3 December 2021 between 12pm and 4pm, and videos will be judged by number of likes. Voucher prizes will be awarded to the three individual videos and one society video with the most likes. The society will win £500, to be paid to your SLT department to be spent on SLT resources to directly benefit students, and the individuals will receive a £50 voucher (of your preference) for first place, a £40 voucher (of your preference) for second place, and a £30 voucher (of your preference) for third place.
This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by TikTok.