The Queen laid out the Government’s legislative programme for the new parliamentary session on Thursday 19 December. She announced a number of things of potential interest to the speech and language therapy profession, including five Bills:
- NHS Funding Bill
- NHS Long Term Plan Bill
- Medicines and Medical Devices Bill
- Health Service Safety Investigations Bill
- Serious Violence Bill
Other reforms announced which may be relevant to speech and language therapy include:
- Delivering the NHS Long-Term Plan
- Social care reform
- Mental health reform
- National disability strategy
- Royal Commission on the Criminal Justice Process
Going forward, the RCSLT Policy and Public Affairs Team will keep a watching brief on these areas and seek to influence them where appropriate.
Read the RCSLT summary of the Queen’s speech.
Read the speech in full, as well as the Government’s more detailed background briefing.