RCSLT and NAPLIC webinar: DLD – When is diagnosis appropriate?
This free webinar was held on 4 November 2020 to consolidate and extend understanding of and confidence with developmental language disorder (DLD) diagnosis.
- To refresh knowledge of DLD diagnostic terminology and criteria
- To reflect on thorny issues in relation to DLD diagnosis
- To go through case study examples of DLD diagnosis being given and not given
- To provide an opportunity to ask questions about DLD diagnosis
- To launch a survey on DLD diagnosis
- To celebrate DLD day
Watch the recorded presentations
The webinar prompted a useful discussion about diagnosing DLD in a bilingual child. We are keen to clarify the RCSLT’s guidelines in this area and so we’ll be providing additional resources and case studies to support you in your practice.
Developmental Language Disorder – What do the changes mean for service delivery? January 2018 webinar
Developmental Language Disorder – What do the changes mean for service delivery?
17 January 2018
The webinar featured:
- Professor Dorothy Bishop, Professor of Developmental Neurophysiology, University of Oxford
- Amanda Finer, Highly Specialist SLT, Children’s Integrated Speech and Language Therapy Service for Hackney and the City
- Lauren Longhurst, Research and Development Officer, RCSLT
The webinar covered:
- The changes to terminology and diagnostic criteria for developmental language disorders.
- The impact of the changes to terminology and diagnostic criteria on speech and language therapy service delivery.
- A case study example of a service that has successfully implemented these changes.
- The steps required to operationalise changes, and the impact of changes on service delivery.
- Resources to support changes to terminology and diagnostic criteria and support service delivery.