The RCSLT aims to conduct its virtual events with as much inclusivity as we would encourage in face to face events. We will always ask for any accessibility requirements at registration for an event, but if you have any additional needs that we can accommodate, please don’t hesitate to email email@example.com.
Please also feel free to use the ‘private chat’ function in a live meeting to message the host to let them know if there is anything they can do to accommodate.
- You do not need to turn your camera on during our virtual events if you do not want to, and if you would prefer to contribute via chat only that is absolutely fine.
- You may leave and re-enter virtual events and meetings at any time. Please use the same link to enter and re-enter.
- We will always let you know when events are being recorded, and what we will do with the recording.
RCSLT virtual event charter
RCSLT virtual events are a place for delegates to express their opinions, beliefs and experiences without undue censure.
Events will usually ask for audience participation and we want to encourage healthy discussion in an environment of trust and privacy, where we can agree or disagree with each other without worry in a forum of mutual trust and respect.
- We are free to express our opinions but not to expect others to necessarily agree with them.
- We should take care to take turns expressing our opinions, being mindful that others might also have something to say.
- We should listen to what the person speaking has to say and not interrupt them; nor have individual conversations while they are speaking.
- We are free to disagree with what the speaker has said but not to disparage them.
- We will respect the host and understand they have the responsibility to do the best they can to help the group abide by the principles of this Charter.
- Infringement of these principles will result in a warning and a request to abide by the Charter. Repeated infringement of these principles will result in the individual being barred from the group.
The purpose of this Charter is to ensure RCSLT events continue to be a respectful and safe environment where everyone has the right to participate but none to dominate or disrupt. Attendance of the event necessitates an acceptance of the terms of this Charter.