Diversity and anti-racism
RCSLT diversity and anti-racism work
Since the release of our Black Lives Matter statement, the RCSLT has been working to implement the four anti-racist pledges that were outlined:
- Promote greater visibility of Black, Asian and minority ethnic members across all RCSLT communications channels.
- Hold a profession-wide online event, led by members of the Black, Asian and minority ethnic community.
- Create a platform/safe space for Black, Asian and minority ethnic members, including student SLTs.
- Encourage our membership to learn and engage more through literature.
- Anti-racism in speech and language therapy: towards diversity and inclusion for our profession and service
- Bulletin July 2020: The Diversity Issue (PDF)
- Anti-racism reading list
- An update on the RCSLT’s diversity and anti-racism work – 24 July 2020
- Black Lives Matter: An update on the RCSLT’s diversity and anti-racism work – 15 July 2020
- Black Lives Matter: A statement – 4 June 2020