About the project
This project aims to update clinical guidance, resources and competency framework for dysphagia/EDS and the role of speech and language therapy.
The project objectives and final outputs will be agreed at the first project meeting, but generally will:
- provide a ‘one stop shop’ for SLTs to find information on dysphagia/EDS
- provide and collate best practice guidance for SLTs working in dysphagia/EDS
- define the role of speech and language therapy within this clinical area
- identify workforce and requirements and issues in this clinical area
- promote the SLTs role within this clinical area to external stakeholders
- produce a dysphagia/EDS competency framework for SLTs which aligns with the professional development framework
As part of this project, we would like the author group to update the online guidance, resources and the 2014 dysphagia competency framework. Current information about dysphagia/EDS can be found on the clinical guidance pages.
Activities and timelines
All timelines at this stage are estimates and will be finalised during scoping stage.
|Author working group established||September 2023|
|Write and agree consultation draft||January – March 2024|
|Member and public consultation||April 2024|
|Review feedback and update draft||May 2024|
|Finalise and approve||June 2024|
|Publish and promote||September 2024|
If you have any further questions about the project please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that due to rail strikes the scoping meeting will no longer be held on the 6th October. Once appointed applicants will be approached to determine a suitable date.
All applications must be received by 8am on Monday 2nd October. Applications received after this date will not be accepted.