22 July 2019
Tuesday 30th January, 2018
Metropole Hotel, Llandrindod Wells, Powys
This interactive event was packed full of resources and advice to prepare SLT’s for the latest updated policy and procedure.
The event offered members the chance to find out more and update them immediately on the latest news.
Aims and objectives:
- Additional Learning Needs Bill – gain an overview of the bill and discuss with colleagues what the legislation means for SLTs in Wales.
- Code of Practice – have an understanding of the current draft code of practice for the ALN bill.
- Person Centred Planning – have the chance to discuss how SLTs can contribute to the person-centred planning process as part of the changes to ALN.
- Special Educational Needs Tribunal for Wales – hear directly from a SLT member of the Special Educational Needs Tribunal for Wales.
- Development Language Disorder (DLD) – be aware of the changes to diagnostic criteria and terminology.
- Working with partners – share thinking on how to frame conversations about DLD with key partners such as parents, teachers, managers and commissioners.
- Networking – provide a platform for focused networking.
For more details, please see the programme
- Welcome and introduction – Pippa Cotterill
- Update on passage of ALN bill and RCSLT involvement so far – Dr Caroline Walters
- The Educatin Tribunal Wales – Catherine Pape
- Update on PCP and how to contribute – Wen Hayton
- Update on the ALN Code of Practice and Implications for SLT – Pippa Cotterill
- Update on DLD – Lauren Longhurst
- Moving Forward with the changes to diagnostic criteria and terminology. Update on progress across wales and key factors to be considered – Various representatives from each local Health Board
- Establishing a Clinical Excellence Network (CEN) for DLD – Bethan Lewis, Anna Vivian & Pippa Cotterill.