2 June 2023
The Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) will begin its next registration renewal period and CPD audit of speech and language therapists on 1 July 2023.
Renewing your HCPC registration
The renewal window for your Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) registration as a registered speech and language therapist begins on 1 July 2023. The window is open for three months and closes on 30 September 2023. It’s important that you renew your registration successfully and on time, so you can continue to practise as a speech and language therapist for the next two-year cycle.
To be best prepared ahead of your renewal we advise you to:
- Make sure your email address and contact details are correct in advance – you can update them on your HCPC online account
- Set a reminder and don’t leave it to the last minute – you can renew via your HCPC online account as soon as the window opens on 1 July 2023.
If you are selected for audit you will be notified at the beginning of July and will have until 30 September to submit your profile and evidence of your CPD activities. Here are some tips on the process:
- Important! Please make sure that the HCPC has your correct contact email and contact details so you don’t miss being called for audit
If your contact details have changed recently but you haven’t told the HCPC please do contact them as soon as possible. This is important because the HCPC no longer sends out paper letters to members – it is done by email.
Update your details here or contact the HCPC: 0300 500 4472 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have been selected for audit – there’s no better time than now to start preparing
If you have been selected for an audit you’ll be asked to submit a profile as proof of your activities and how they meet the standards for CPD. It’s a good idea to start preparing as soon as possible as you’ll have to pull together a variety of pieces of evidence for your profile. Your profile consists of:
- Summary of recent work / practice (maximum 500 words)
- List of activities (to aim for around between 12 and 50 activities)
- Personal statement (maximum 1,500 words)
- Any supporting evidence you might need to upload
- Remember that we are here to help
The RCSLT is committed to supporting members with audit questions. If you have any concerns please do get in touch via email@example.com. We can guide you through the process.
- It’s not as scary as you might think
Members we’ve spoken to who have gone through the audit often tell us that it wasn’t as scary as they had been expecting – and others even tell us that it was a positive experience because it gave them time to reflect on their CPD.