Policy and public affairs team (PPA)
The RCSLT’s policy and public affairs team (PPA) works to protect the interests of those with speech, language and communication needs and eating, drinking and swallowing needs, and promote the voice of the speech and language therapy profession, in parliaments and assemblies across the United Kingdom.
We work with decision-makers and our members to help improve policy in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland, and internationally.
We do this by offering:
- Insight into key issues affecting people with communication and swallowing needs.
- Intelligence regarding national policy developments relating to speech and language therapy.
- Voice: we promote the voice of speech and language therapists at a national and local level.
- Campaigning resources: we produce resources that promote the value of speech and language therapy.
- Capacity building: we support our members to influence locally.