Trustees Annual Report
The Trustees Annual Report for the year 2021-2022 outlines the RCSLT’s activities over the last financial year. It also includes a full independent auditor’s report and financial statements, and is available for all RCSLT members to view.
Our Annual General Meeting (AGM) is an excellent opportunity for our members to find out what is going on behind the scenes at the RCSLT and to have their say on important decisions.
The 2022 AGM took place in October 2022 and covered
- approving the new trustees for our most diverse Board yet
- welcoming Dr Sean Pert as our new chair and saying thank you and farewell to outgoing chair Mary Heritage
- an overview of the work achieved over the past year in policy, finance, communications and learning.
Read the 2022 AGM Draft Minutes (which will be accepted in the 2023 AGM)
Wednesday 5 July 2023
The board of trustees are collectively responsible to the members for the governance of the organisation which includes developing a five-year vision, defining goals, setting targets and monitoring performance against those targets, including delivery of annual operating plans to implement the vision.
They meet on a quarterly basis. Below is a summary of the meeting held on Wednesday 5 July 2023.
- The meeting opened by hearing from Eleanor, an RCSLT member who talked about her career journey from working in an acute adult care team to a role in Health Education England as a RePAIR (Reducing Pre-registration Attrition and Improving Retention).
- It was followed by recent Advancing Healthcare Award winner Catherine who told the board about her achievements in establishing a new Fiberendoscopic Evaluation of Swallow (FEES) assessment service using endoscopy.
- The board reviewed and approved the minutes of 23 March 2023 meeting and the actions from the previous meeting.
- The CEO provided an update on his recent work including; speaking at an All Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) on speech and language therapy, meeting a number of MPs, speaking at several RCSLT events and undertaking media interviews including for the Sunday Telegraph and on ITV News.
- The board had an update from the chair of Professional Practice and Policy Committee (PPPC).
- The board took part in a workshop on member engagement and how we can better use our networks including hubs and Clinical Excellence Networks.
- The board received updates on the implementation of the eight focus areas of RCSLT’s operating plans from trustee sponsors.
- There was an update from the nominations committee on recent recruitment to the board. The new appointments will be ratified at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) in November.
- The board agreed the winners of fellow and honorary fellowship awards. The successful winners will be announced in the autumn and invited to a celebratory event in October.
- The board received updates on progress on key performance indicators (KPIs), the risk register and financial performance and projections.