Trustees Annual Report
The Trustees Annual Report for the year 2022-2023 outlines the RCSLT’s activities over the last financial year. It also includes a full independent auditor’s report and financial statements, and is available for all RCSLT members to view.
Our Annual General Meeting (AGM) is an excellent opportunity for our members to find out what is going on behind the scenes at the RCSLT and to have their say on important decisions.
The 2023 AGM took place on 8 November 2023 at 12pm and included:
- presentation, consideration and adoption of the Trustees Annual Report and the Annual Accounts and auditors’ report (2022/23)
- approval of appointments to the Board of Trustees
- an overview of the work achieved over the past year in policy, finance, communications and learning.
- Agenda (PDF)
- Proxy voting form (Word)
- 2023 AGM draft minutes (which will be accepted in the 2024 AGM)
Wednesday 13 December 2023
The board of trustees are collectively responsible to the members for the governance of the organisation which includes developing a five-year vision, defining goals, setting targets and monitoring performance against those targets, including delivery of annual operating plans to implement the vision.
They meet on a quarterly basis. Below is a summary of the meeting held on Wednesday 13 December 2023.
- The chair welcomed four new trustees to the board.
- The meeting opened with a member story from Charlotte, an SLT manager in the NHS.
- The board discussed some newly developed values for RCSLT.
- The board reviewed and approved the minutes of 28 September 2023 meeting the actions from the previous meeting and also the minutes of the recently held Annual General Meeting.
- The Chief Executive provided an update on his recent work including his visits to member across the UK and the various events we have held over the last quarter, including our conference.
- The board received updates on the implementation of the four of the eight focus areas of RCSLT’s operating plans from trustee sponsors.
- The board received a presentation on data analysed from the member profile project.
- An update was provided on actions from the workshop held at the previous board meeting on public affairs and influencing.
- Board members took part in a workshop to look at priorities for RCSLT for 2024/2025.
- A paper was presented for discussion on the risk and merits of making some or all of our clinical guidance publicly available on the website.
- The board received a paper on external influencing activity from the last 12 months.
- The board had an update from the recent Professional Practice and Policy Committee (PPPC) meeting.
- A paper was presented on proposed updates to our data protection policy to ensure we are compliant with data protection laws.
- The Chief Executive presented a paper on a proposed leadership programme for speech and language therapists.
- The board received updates on progress on key performance indicators (KPIs), the risk register and financial performance and projections.
- The board had a discussion about recent world events and agreed the RCSLT approach outlined in our recent statement, was the right one for the organisation at this time.