We are looking to appoint a trustee with expertise in digital technologies and strategies who share the RCSLT’s values and behaviours
Help shape the future of RCSLT leadership
Are you looking for a new challenge? If so, this could be the opportunity for you.
RCSLT is on a mission to ensure that the governance of the RCSLT is truly representative of its membership and the communities in which we live and work.
What we are looking for
We are looking to appoint a trustee with expertise in digital technologies and strategies who share the RCSLT’s values and behaviours and want to help us deliver our ambitious Five Year Vision.
Along with the general duties for a trustee, we hope that the successful individual will bring the following to the specific role:
- To provide strategic guidance and support governance of our digital strategy and its implementation.
- To support the organisation’s ongoing and future use of digital technologies.
Applications are open to all individuals across the age profile who are allies of minority groups and champion equality and diversity both personally and professionally.
We welcome applications from individuals from under-represented groups, such as those who are Black, Asian or have a minority ethnic background, LGBTQ+ or with a disability. This is not an exhaustive list. Please see a full list of protected characteristics.
About the RCSLT
The Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists (RCSLT) is the professional membership body for Speech and Language Therapists with over 20,000 members. The RCSLT head office is in London with satellite offices in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
How to apply
To apply please provide a statement (up to 500 words) or a video or audio statement (no longer than 3½ minutes) setting out:
- A little about your work and personal background
- Why you are interested in this role
- How you meet the role criteria
- Some examples of how you have lived the values and behaviours agreed by the RCSLT Board in your work or personal life (including roles in any professional networks)
- Email your statement to email@example.com no later than 9.00 am on Thursday 25 May 2023
We will hold virtual interviews with a panel consisting of trustees and selection panel members on Thursday 7 June (morning).
Find out more
- If you would like an informal discussion about the process and what’s involved, with one of our trustees, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Read more about what it is like to be a trustee
- Watch former FRC Committee member Lizzie Nash talk about her experiences of working on one of our committees.
- To understand more about the roles and responsibilities of trustees and who is on the board, visit our board pages.
- Read more about our vision, values and behaviours and the terms of reference for the board and committees.
Closing date for applications is 9.00am on Thursday 18 May 2023.
Please email applications to email@example.com