The RCSLT and NHS England Workforce Training and Education (NHSE WT&E) National AHP Preceptorship and Foundation Support Programme’s Preceptorship Launch Webinar for speech and language therapists hosted by RCSLT, took place on 28 September at 12pm.
The main objectives of the webinar included:
- RCSLT and NHSE WT&E to provide a national update regarding new resources for AHP preceptorship from HCPC and NHSE WT&E and what this means for speech and language therapists.
- Case studies from speech and language therapists describing their preceptorship journey and the benefits it has brought them.
- Q&A session.
This webinar was of specific interest to speech and language therapists who have an interest in preceptorship and those that are a:
- Pre-registration learner
- Preceptorship lead within their organisation
- Service/department leads with responsibility for speech and language therapists.
- Amanda Weaver, AHP Preceptorship Workforce Lead, NHS England
- Mark Platt, Policy Lead, Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Christine Ward, AHP Clinical Educator and Preceptorship Lead, University Hospitals of Derby and Burton NHS Foundation Trust
- Dr Clare Smith, Consultant Practitioner and Clinical Lead at Solent NHS Trust