Download the programme from the event
Presentations are available subject to authors’ consent
- Welcome and introduction – Della Money, chair, RCSLT Board of Trustees
- Conversations with Friends: Your National Student Study Day – Charlie Gascoyne, Lauren Ashmore and Stephanie Illingworth, Students, University of Sheffield
- Treasure Island: Supporting your career journey – Kamini Gadhok, MBE, CEO; Katie Chadd, Research Officer; and Rachel Purkett, Director of Engagement and Communications, RCSLT
- All’s Well That Ends Well: NQP Panel – Nathan Veglio, SLT, Cambridge University Hospitals; Sophie Howells, SLT, Hesley Group; Freya Smith, SLT, Sandwell and West Birmingham Trust; and Amy Bradshaw, SLT, Alder Hey Children’s NHS Foundation Trust.
- Speaker biographies
- Great Expectations: What skills and knowledge will be in demand? – Interview scenarios
- Resilience messages
- Resilience top tips.
Posters from the event will be available in due course.
Date and venue details
- Thursday 12 December 2019
- Mercure Sheffield St Paul’s Hotel and Spa, 119 Norfolk Street, Sheffield S1 2JE
This interactive event was packed full of resources and advice to prepare final year students from across the UK for their career in speech and language therapy.
Aims and objectives
By attending the RCSLT National Student Study Day, you will:
- Understand which essential skills and knowledge will be in demand for the future.
- Hear the latest tips and trends from managers recruiting newly-qualified practitioners about what they are looking for in the NQP of today.
- Find out what essential information you will need to know to support you to complete your RCSLT newly-qualified practitioner framework in your first role(s).
- Learn from SLTs whose careers have taken them into a range of clinical areas and related roles.
- Understand the vital role that you play as a student and future practitioner in building networks in your profession, and how they can support you as you move from student to newly-qualified practitioner.
- Get practical tips on finding your first role.
- Take advantage of a unique networking opportunity to help you begin your journey in the profession.