The RCSLT Professional Development Framework provides a structured format to support individuals, managers, and organisations to identify the learning and professional development needs of speech and language therapy practitioners across the whole career span, in all sectors, and all UK countries.
The framework is designed to:
- be used flexibly to guide practitioners, teams, and organisations
- be used as a whole or in parts, returning to it at different times within your career
- identify existing knowledge and skills with individuals and teams
- inspire future learning for knowledge and skills development
- provide a structure to support the CPD diary (where appropriate)
The framework has been developed around:
- five core components (practitioner wellbeing, impact, inclusion and diversity, sustainability, co-production) and
- four domains of practice (professional practice; facilitation of learning; evidence, research and innovation; and leadership and management).
Each domain has several subthemes with detailed topics to enable you to evaluate your current professional development level, to identify your existing knowledge and skills and your future learning and development areas.
The framework provides a profession-specific resource to support career conversations, including at any transition point e.g. newly qualified practitioner. It also helps you think about the transferable knowledge and skills you bring from previous and current paid roles, voluntary roles, and life experiences, including as an experienced therapist as you advance your career. Find out more about who the framework is for and how it can be used and how it can help you reflect on your learning and career goals.