27 April 2023
Are you looking for a new challenge? Would you like to broaden your skills and experience and help shape the future of the profession at the same time? If so, this could be the opportunity for you.
We currently have a variety of trustee and committee roles available where you can use your expertise to help us fulfil our mission and help shape the future of the Speech and Language profession. We have roles for both speech and language therapy members and one position on our board for a lay member.
Our mission is to ensure that the governance of the RCSLT is truly representative of our membership and the communities in which we live and work. We are looking for people who share the RCSLT’s values and behaviours, are allies of minority groups, champion equality and diversity and want to help deliver our ambitious Five Year Vision. We welcome a broad spectrum of opinions from members with different backgrounds and experiences.
Being a trustee or committee member involves:
- inputting strategically to the work and direction of the RCSLT
- preparing for meetings by reading papers
- attending three or four meetings a year – mostly virtual with occasional in-person meetings
- working with members of staff on projects as required.
Why you should become a trustee or committee member
- This is an opportunity to get directly involved in the work of the RCSLT and support the profession.
- It’s your opportunity to ensure the RCSLT represents you and your community.
- It’s a chance to grow your professional networks and develop your leadership skills.
- It will enable you to bring your unique experiences and insights to the work of RCSLT.
- You’ll be able to get involved in areas of work and projects.
- It’s an opportunity to be a champion for your profession who can affect change.
- Support and training will be provided for all board and committee members.
- Being part of the Board or a committee contributes towards your CPD.
Have you got what it takes?
We currently recruiting in the following positions:
Lay member roles:
Roles for Speech and Language Therapists:
- General Trustee (1)
- Country Reps for Northern Ireland and Wales
- Finances and Resources Committee (FRC) Committee Members (2)
- Professional Practice and Policy Committee (PPPC) Committee Members (sector reps) (3)
- PPPC Committee (Hub Reps) (for England)
Find out more and apply on our vacancies page.