6 May 2022
Are you looking for a new challenge? Would you like to broaden your skills and experience and help shape the future of the profession at the same time? If so, this could be the opportunity for you.
We are on a mission to ensure that the governance of the RCSLT is truly representative of our membership and the communities in which we live and work.
We are looking for speech and language therapists who share the RCSLT’s values and behaviours, are allies of minority groups, champion equality and diversity and want to help deliver our ambitious Five Year Vision.
The RCSLT has embarked on an ambitious plan to improve the diversity of the boards and committees. As approved by the members at the AGM in November 2021, the process for recruiting trustees and committee members has been radically transformed, putting in place a Nominations Committee to take responsibility for the strategic oversight of the selection and induction processes for the members of the RCSLT’s Board of Trustees and other governing committees.
The role of the Nominations Committee is to make sure that:
- The Board develops a diverse and representative pipeline of future leaders.
- Roles are advertised effectively.
- The RCSLT has the right mix of skills at board and committee level to ensure our leadership is inclusive and prepared to take the organisation into the future.
The Nominations Committee is now in place and a number of members have been recruited to be part of a selection panel pool.
Being a trustee or committee member involves:
- Inputting strategically to the work and direction of the RCSLT. We welcome a broad spectrum of opinions from members with different backgrounds and experiences.
- Preparing for meetings by reading papers.
- Attending three or four meetings a year – mostly virtual with occasional in-person meetings.
- Working with members of staff on projects as required.
Why you should become a trustee or committee member
- This is an opportunity to get directly involved in the work of the RCSLT and support the profession.
- It’s your opportunity to ensure the RCSLT represents you and your community.
- It’s a chance to grow your professional networks and develop your leadership skills.
- It will enable you to bring your unique experiences and insights to the work of RCSLT.
- You’ll be able to get involved in areas of work and projects
- It’s an opportunity to be a champion for your profession who can affect change.
- Support and training will be provided for all board and committee members
- Being part of the Board or a committee contributes towards your CPD
Have you got what it takes?
Find out more and apply on our vacancies page.