The Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists will be held virtually by Zoom webinar, on Wednesday 9 December 2020, commencing at 2pm. It will last approximately one hour.
All Full Members are welcome to attend the AGM and vote.
The following documents may be downloaded ahead of the meeting.
- The AGM agenda
- The minutes of the 2019 AGM
- The Trustees Annual Report and accounts for the year ending 31 March 2020
- The proxy voting form
- In order to register for the AGM, click here
- Please also join us to give thanks and best wishes to Dr Della Money, outgoing Chair of the RCSLT Board of Trustees, and to welcome Mary Heritage, Assistant Director of Quality and professional lead for AHPs at Derbyshire Community Health Services, as incoming Chair. To join us for the celebration from 3-4pm, click here.
- Only Full Members are entitled to vote at the AGM. The ‘Full Members’ category consists of: Certified Members, Newly Qualified Members, Overseas Qualified Members, Non-Practising Members, Returners to Practice, Retired Members and Student Members.
- To enable registration of eligible members, an email will be sent before the AGM to all members entitled to attend and vote, and for whom a valid email address is held. The email will contain the link to the Zoom webinar and instructions on how to vote during the webinar.
- Under Section 324 of the Companies Act 2006, a member of a company is entitled to appoint another person as their proxy to exercise all or any of their rights to attend and to speak and vote at a meeting of the company. The RCSLT Articles require that any proxy appointed must be a Full Member of the RCSLT.
If you wish to send in a proxy form, it must be addressed to the Company Secretary and received by the RCSLT no later than 2pm on Monday 7 December 2020. Proxies received after that time will not be counted. Proxy forms must be in the form of signed hard copy or signed, scanned PDF format if by email.
Papers for those members who have requested formal notices in hard copy will be sent by first class post in the week commencing 16 November 2020. Please contact the Company Secretary at RCSLT if you do not receive them within a reasonable time. If you would like your AGM papers sent in hard copy, and have not previously notified us, please contact the Company Secretary at RCSLT. Likewise, if you no longer require papers to be sent to you in hard copy, please inform us, in order to minimise postage costs.
If you wish to ask a question of the Board during the meeting, it will be most helpful if you could send your question in advance, to arrive not less than a week before the AGM (ie 2 December 2020). There will be opportunities to pose questions during the meeting by means of the Zoom software. Voting will take place electronically using the functionality built into the Zoom webinar software.
The contact details for proxy forms or questions are as follows:
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By post addressed to the Company Secretary, RCSLT, 2-3 White Hart Yard, London, SE1 1NX
Due to coronavirus restrictions, it will unfortunately not be possible for members to attend the AGM in person on this occasion