Communicating Quality (CQ) Live: introduction
Welcome to CQ Live (Communicating Quality Live).
- Search CQ Live by subject or A-Z;
- Broaden your understanding with our CQ Live scenarios.
- Check out our guidelines on how to reference CQ Live pages.
This is a ‘live’ resource applicable to all speech and language therapists (SLTs) which allows us to update and meet the changing needs of the profession.
CQ Live is the successor to CQ3, providing RCSLT guidance and resources to support all RCSLT members in delivering high-quality services wherever they work.
Finding your way around CQ Live:
- Welcome letter from the Chair and CEO (pdf) accessible version (pdf)
- Get involved in the ongoing development of CQ Live
RCSLT and HCPC
The Health Care Professions Council (HCPC) regulates SLTs. Registration is a legal requirement for all practising SLTs, who must adhere to the following HCPC standards:
- standards of conduct, performance and ethics
- standards of proficiency for speech and language therapists
- standards of continuing professional development
- standards of education and training.
The RCSLT guidance and resources exist to support members to meet these standards in practice.
CQ Live is structured around 10 key areas of professional practice. For each area, you will find links to:
- all HCPC standards
- RCSLT guidance
- RCSLT supporting resources.