Policy and campaigns: Wales
Information about our work in Wales
- See also the RCSLT Policy Twitter handle @rcsltpolicy.
The Voice Newsletters
- RCSLT response to the WG consultation on the draft Additional Learning Codes (March 2019)
- RCSLT Wales response to the Welsh Government consultation on Advocacy for Looked After Children (June 2017)
- RCSLT response to the parliamentary review on health and social care in Wales (April 2017)
- RCSLT Wales response to the draft WG dementia strategy (April 2017)
- RCSLT Wales response to the consultation on the WG mental health delivery Plan (April 2016)
- RCSLT Wales final response to the WG consultation on the ASD action plan (May 2016)
- RCSLT Wales response to WG consultation on the draft ALN bill (November 2015)
- RCSLT Wales response to WG More than just words consultation (February 2016)
National Assembly for Wales
Health, Social Care and Sport committee
- RCSLT response to the Health, Social Care and Sport Committee consultation on the use of anti-psychotic drugs in care homes (April 2017)
- RCSLT response to Health Social Care and Sport Committee Consultation on Primary Care (January 2017)
- RCSLT Wales response to Health, Social Care and Sport Committee consultation on priorities (September 2016)
- RCSLT Wales response to Health, Social Care and Sport Committee on the sustainability of the NHS workforce (September 2016)
Children, Young People and Education Committee
- Response to the National Assembly for Wales Children, Young People and Education Committee Inquiry into Flying Start (October 2017)
- RCSLT response to the Children, Young People and Education Committee consultation on the First 1,000 Days (attached) (January 2017)
- RCSLT Wales response to the Children Young People and Education Committee consultation on priorities (September 2016)
Equalities, local government and communities committee
- RCSLT Wales response to the Equalities, Local Government and Communities Committee Inquiry on Communities First (June 2017)
- Giving Voice – aims to ‘give voice’ to people with Speech, language and communication needs, to ensure their needs and those of their carers and families, are met. We equip our members to demonstrate locally how speech and language therapy makes a difference to individuals and society, whist RCSLT officers work to engage decision makers and the media at a national level.
- Improvements in stroke care
Contact us at 2nd Floor, Transport House, 1 Cathedral Road, Cardiff CF11 9SB.
Early language infographics
- Speech, language and communication skills: why do they matter? (Welsh)
- Speech, language and communication skills: why do they matter? (English)
- Developing speech, language and communication skills: what will make the difference? (Welsh)
- Developing speech, language and communication skills: what will make the difference? (English)
Proposed changes for Wales
Resources to support you in responding to any proposed changes to your service’s structures and priorities.
Nation specific resources
Learning and development for leaders and managers working across the public service in Wales
Tools and techniques for change: a leaders handbook. AcademiWales
Toolkit of techniques that are regularly utilised by change management and organisational development professionals in a wide variety of settings.
Regulates and inspects to improve adult care, childcare and social services for people in Wales.
Healthcare Inspectorate Wales (HIW)
Independent inspectorate and regulator of healthcare in Wales.
Improving health and social care through evidence-based guidance.
1000 Lives Improvement Service
National improvement service for NHS Wales delivered by Public Health Wales.
Who should I try to influence in Wales?
External stakeholders in Wales you can seek to influence include:
- Local health boards – including Chief Executives, Directors of Finance, Directors of Therapies and Health Sciences, Directors of Public Health
- Local authorities – including Councillors, council officials, and Directors of Education
- Youth offending teams
- Probation teams
- Government officials